A step-by-step guide on how to whitelist the connector and refresh your data extracts on the Tableau Server
To refresh extracts of workbooks published on Tableau Server, the Cognetik Cloud Connector needs to be added to a safe list - aka whitelisted (more details about whitelisting can be found here).
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to whitelist the connector and refresh your data extracts on the Tableau Server.
- Log into the server and make sure your server is on while attempting this process.
- Open up the console by clicking on the Start button, then start typing
cmd, and pick the Command Prompt application.
3. Once the command prompt has opened, go to the folder where Tableau is installed (typically C:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server\) then to the bin folder. In our case, we have version 10.2 of Tableau installed, thus the path is C:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server\10.2\bin
Type cd "C:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server\10.2\bin" and hit Enter
4. Whitelist the connector
Type tabadmin whitelist_webdataconnector -a https://tableau.cognetik.com/connector.html then hit Enter
The output from the command above will be:
5. After you have whitelisted the connector, the Tableau Server needs to be restarted in order for the changes to take effect:
Type tabadmin restart and hit Enter.
6. Once this is done, you can publish workbooks and schedule extract refreshes on the Tableau Server.