Information on Data Security Protocols (including credential encryption & expiration, tokens, & passwords) for the Cognetik Cloud Connector
The Cognetik Cloud Connector is a data pipeline that sends requests to the marketing platform and transfers that data into Tableau.
Data Security Protocol, Encryption & Expiration of Credentials
- Our products use OAuth, the most secure authentication protocol available, to connect to data sources. OAuth authorizes applications with access tokens rather than credentials. This is the same security protocol used by Amazon, Microsoft, and Google.
- Data is transferred over SSL encrypted HTTPS connections, and we only use official APIs for data access.
- Our products do not cache data.
Credentials, Tokens & Passwords
- We use OAuth to request an encrypted token for each user from third party providers. We never access a username or password.
- We do store your encrypted token to make data calls, which allows users to refresh dashboards or schedule data streams without needing to reauthenticate.