How to link your Amazon S3 credentials
After setting up your Data Source, you need to set your Data Destination block.
- Click the Data Destination block
2. From the Data Connector drop down menu, choose Amazon S3 and click ‘Link’
3. Enter your Amazon Access Key ID and Secret Access Key.
*In order to get your Access Key ID and Secret Access Key, follow the steps below:
- Open the IAM console.
- From the navigation menu, click Users.
- Select your IAM user name.
- Click User Actions, and then click Security Credentials
- Click Create Access Key.
After linking your Amazon S3 account, you need to choose a credential, AWS bucket and a format for your data (JSON or CSV).
Naming the stream
You can also choose a prefix for your stream to help you identify the data you just migrated. This prefix will be added to your file name.
- If a prefix is added, the structure for your file name is:
Prefix_Granularity_Date Start.extension (csv or json, depending on your selection)
- If a prefix is not added, by default the structure for your file name is:
Stream ID_Granularity_Date Start.extension
Keep in mind that any upload fee charged to your AWS Account by Amazon S3 is not supported by Cognetik. For more information about your upload fee, check the S3 documentation.