In this tutorial you will learn how set up a recurring data stream. I'll use data from Facebook Ads, and move it into MySQL.
1. Click on Set Data Extract Source.
2. You can choose an Existing Data Source or a New Data Source. In this tutorial, we're going to connect to a New Data Source.
3. From the Data Connector List select Facebook Ads.
*Note that you need to link your Facebook Ads account before getting started, as shown in this article. Once you do that, you’ll be able to see your Facebook Ads credentials into the credentials list.
4. Select your Facebook Ads credential.
5. Then select a Report and an Account.
6. Name your Data Source and click Submit.
7. Now click on Set Data Destination.
8. From the Data Connector List, select a data warehouse of your choice and click Submit. In this tutorial we'll choose MySQL.
9. Select your MySQL credential and a database, then click Submit.
10. You can choose an Existing table or create a New table. I’m going to create a new table and name it 'test July 2018'. Once you named it, click Submit.
11. Now click on Set Schedule & Data Range.
12. We will set up a Recurring stream in this tutorial.
13. You can select the time of day when this stream should refresh, and also change the timezone, granularity and calendar. When setting up a recurring stream, it's mandatory to set the date range (Import data since and Run this report until).
14. Now you can add Filters & Segments, if you want to. This is an optional field, where you can choose a metric or dimension, in order to filter or segment specific data.
15. Now select the Metrics and Dimensions. In this section you will see 3 tabs:
- Source - select a Metric (mandatory) or Dimension from the drop down menu.
- Destination - this will be the column name in your table.
- Data Type - select the appropriate description of your metric.
You can select more than one Metric or Dimension, by simply clicking Add Metric or Dimension. You can add as many metrics and dimensions you want for your data (*any limitations in this regard, would be from the cloud source).
16. Name your stream and click Save and Exit.
17. Now your stream appears in the streams list.
18. The status of your stream will show as 'SUCCESS', once your stream refreshed successfully.